by Nick Ts., Christos B., C2
During the Knights’s age, because of increasingly frequent raids on the islands, the governor of the islands of Kos, Kalymnos, Leros and Nisyros Knight Fantino Quirini after Trio orders of the Grand Master Jean Bonpart de Lastic forced the inhabitants to build a new castle . It consists of a perimeter wall , two circular towers , two entrances and a rampart . Within the few buildings have been preserved in good condition : a fossil and a built food store , two churches , the newest of St. George and the oldest of the Virgin . The castle was finally abandoned in the late 15th century . , Because of the continual incursions of the Turks , because its small size could not meet the needs of the population and mostly because the Grand Castle of Chora was completed in 1495 .